ISO 14001 is the internationally recognised standard for environmental management. It specifies the important of the requirements to help you identify, control and monitor the impacts your business has on the environment and the steps to reduce them. ISO 14001 also provides a structure to help you identify any legal compliance required or to reduce your waste and pollution.
The benefits of implementing ISO 14001. Implementing ISO 14001 is a systematic way to discover and control the effects your company has on the environment. It can help you be more environmentally responsive and reduce costs through conserving materials and energy. By reducing environmental incidents, savings can be made on insurance premiums. It also enhances the reputation of your company by demonstrating that you’re committed to improving the environment.
ISO 14001 is the most widely recognised Environmental Management Systems and was recently updated around Annex SL to allow seamless integration with ISO 9001.
- Annex SL structure: ISO 14001:2015 employs the high-level Annex SL structure, which standardizes the document’s terminology and layout to better align with other ISO quality management systems.
- Organizational context: ISO 14001:2015 places more emphasis on the larger context the organization is working in and establishes environmental management priorities accordingly.
- Risks and opportunities: ISO 14001:2015 introduce the concept of risk and opportunity as a planning tool, with an emphasis on potential threats — such as failing to meet compliance obligations — and potential benefits inherent to environmental management.
- Leadership: ISO 14001:2015 requires increased buy-in from top-level management, particularly in ensuring overall business objectives are consistent with the organization’s environmental management goals.
ISO 14001 can benefit any company, in any industry, and of any size by:
- Identifying opportunities to save money. Through waste reduction.
- Reduce your environmental footprint. Through energy efficiency
- Make your customers notice. Many will prefer a greener supplier
- Avoid the likelihood of fines. ISO 14001 keeps you compliant with environmental legislation.
Why choose Candy Management Consultants?
Candy MC delivers an enhanced consultancy service through a team of fully qualified IRCA trained and industry experienced Lead Auditors / Consultants.
From initial enquiry through to guiding you through the certificate process, Candy MC will support you and guide you with professionalism and impartiality.
For more information on how Candy MC call us now on: 01614707929 or email email@example.com
Candy Management Consultants Limited, If anyone can the Candy Man Can!!