Health & Safety Services

Candy Management Consultants Ltd offer a Health & Safety service throughout the UK. Our support packages ensures your business is compliant with the latest legislative and regulatory requirements, whatever the industry. Our health and safety support packages come in three levels of service and can be combined with other support services.

Candy Management have assisted customers of all sizes in all sectors from sole traders to government organisations. Whilst we offer packages we can also tailored each project to meet the individual needs of the customer. This includes flexibility on the level of support required and overall costs.

Candy Management Competent Person Consultancy
Contact us to find out more

Services we can offer:

  • On site visits by a professionally qualified safety consultant
  • Online/cloud hosted H&S management system
  • H&S audits and guidance
  • Assurance of compliance with legal duties
  • Documentation designed to meet the requirements of CHAS, Safe Contractor, and others.
  • Regular newsletters
  • NEBOSH certs for use in PQQ and Tenders
  • Risk Assessments and advice on controls
  • Method Statements
  • COSHH Assessments
  • RAMS
  • Site safety inspections
  • Regular legislation updates
  • Review of your existing arrangements
  • Day to day advice and guidance

Our Packages

Option One

One of our safety consultants will undertake a detailed inspection of your premises, identifying any areas of non-compliance and potential hazards. You will receive a detailed site inspection report including recommendations on what actions you need to take in order to be and legally compliant. Inspection reports are scored so follow up inspection can demonstrate improvement.

Cost: £600 + VAT.

Option Two

As with Option 1 and in addition the consultant will assist you in the implementation of controls in order that you become legally compliant and will then undertake a 2nd detailed inspection of your premises once the recommended actions have been completed. The follow up report will be scored so you can measure your progress and identify any remaining actions.

Cost: £1200+ VAT.

Option Three

As with Option 1 and 2 and in addition our consultant will remain retained as your H&S competent person, available for day to day support on safety matters. This may include support with incident investigation, site inspections, response to customer concerns, and more. For a bespoke quote on how we can assist you with your Health & Safety needs please contact us.

Cost: TBC

We can also act as your competent person and provide the below services.

Legal compliance

Your competent person must advise you on what legal duties you have in relation to your work activities and what actions you must take in order to comply with those legal duties. Where applicable the competent person will advise on industry best practice which is normally covered in HSE guidance notes. Guidance notes are used a benchmark in courts and none compliance can lead to substantive fines.  

H&S Policy and arrangements

The law says that every business must have a policy for managing health and safety. If you employ 5 or more people you must document this policy.

A health and safety policy sets out your general approach to health and safety. It explains how you, as an employer, will manage health and safety in your business. It must clearly say who does what, when and how. You must share the policy, and any changes to it, with your employees. Your competent person will advice on what you policy should contain including the arrangements you have in place. 

Risk assessments

As part of managing the health and safety of your business, you must control the
risks in your workplace. To do this you need to think about what might cause harm
to people and decide whether you are taking reasonable steps to prevent that harm. Your competent person will advice on what your significant risk are and how best to implement controls to remove or reduce those risk. Controls by law must be practicable and reasonable. You adviser will ensure the advice meets this fundamental requirement. 

Fire risk assessment and emergency planning

You are responsible for fire safety in a business or other non-domestic premises if you’re an employer, building owner, landlord, occupier, or anyone else with control of the premises. You must complete a fire risk assessment and ensure that fire prevention controls and emergency planning meet legal requirement. 

Safe systems of work

Your competent person will advice you on safe systems of work. This will ensure that the controls identified in your risk assessments are followed and monitored. 

Accident and incident investigation

Your competent person will assist you in monitoring the effectiveness of the measures you put in place to control the risks in your workplace. As part of your monitoring, you should investigate incidents to ensure that corrective action is taken, the findings are shared and any necessary improvements are put in place.

Accident Investigations will help you to:

  • Identify why your existing control measures failed and what improvements or additional measures are needed
  • Plan to prevent the incident from happening again
  • Point to areas where your risk assessment needs reviewing
  • Improve risk control in your workplace in the future

ISO 9001 GAP Analysis

A Candy Management lead consultant can carry out a no obligation fully detailed GAP analysis on your existing systems to identify what work is needed to meet the requirements of all the ISO 9001 clauses. Or you can give us a call and speak to one of our advisers for free.    

Want to talk about a GAP Analysis?
ISO 9001 Gap Analysis

Candy offer consultancy services for all the major ISO standards

Business Continuity Management 

Environmental Management Systems

Occupational Health and Safety

Information Security Standard